I've been MIA - but this time, for a reason. My very blonde, very foolish self decided to break her wrist last week. Bad news was that I was in a half cast for a full week, good news is that the doc said I was healing wonderfully and didn't need a cast! So I'm in a splint that allows me a type like a normal human again, and thus here I am, back on my blog writing to you about my wonderful Day Zero list that is now 8% complete!
Here's what's new since we last spoke: Goal 32 checked off the list (use last-minute deals to book a weekend getaway) and Goal 97 is also completed (experience high tea at the Drake - and yes it is amazing and you should probably go there sometime and do this).
High tea at the Drake was my Valentine's Day gift from J. He's the sweetest, most caring husband that a girl could ever ask for. He wouldn't tell me where we were going (I was convinced we were going to the Signature Room, though I didn't understand why we would go for lunch v dinner) and it wasn't until we pulled up to the Drake that I realized what J had planned. I started to cry because for my husband to want to come have tea with me, it was so touching. J isn't exactly a tea kind of guy, but he definitely knows how to make me a very happy wife - happy wife, happy life, right??
I've also progressed on my Izze tasting quest and have since tried Grapefruit, Clementine and Lime. Grapefruit was fantastic, but not as fantastic as the peach and Clementine and Lime I could do without - especially the Clementine, kind of nasty actually. J liked the Clem so it is for some, just not for me and my taste buds.
More progress has also been made on Goal 47 (eat at a new restaurant every month for a year). I tried LOTS of new restaurants while J and I were completing Goal 32 - we went to Lake Geneva for the weekend, it was great! We went to the Chop House (neither of us got steak, weird) and we also ate at a delightful American Bistro in 'downtown' Lake Geneva called Sopra. Highly recommend this little spot. Tonight we are checking out Japonais for Chicago Restaurant Week - so wow, three new restaurants in one month!
Pretty proud of myself for not letting a broken wrist interfere with my Day Zero goals - but then again, these are goals that I want to accomplish. I heart Day Zero.
Check out my entire list here.
Want to learn what I do besides Day Zero, follow me on twitter.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment