Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goal 93 is complete

The past few weekends have been spent completing several of J's goals from his Day Zero Project. They have been tons of fun and we find ourselves talking about Day Zero a lot. It seems that it dictates what we do on the weekend.

On Sunday of last weekend J realized that we had completed several of his goals recently. Being the dear that he was, he offered to run to Binny's and buy us some beer for the Vikings/Saints game (go saints!). When he came back he surprised me with dun dun dun dunnnn: Juliet by Goose Island!

I was beyond thrilled because I have been bugging him to try to the beer since I saw the pretty little bottle in the store. J was resisting the purchase because he believes that buying a beer solely based on the label is, well, idiotic. I guess he could be right... I had no idea what Juliet was, so I got all excited to open up the beer and take my first amazing sip when... the beer exploded ala champagne.

Wowza - what is going on here? So I poured J and I each a glass of the mysterious, bubbly pinkish looking beer and we waited for the ridiculous amount of foam to subside. First sip. First word: "Wow this tastes like vomit." Ok, so it's a bit harsh but it just wasn't at all what I was expecting.

To be fair, had I taken the time to read the label or research the beer I likely would not have wanted to try it as it's just not my kind of beer. Goose Island 312 or Matilda, HUGE fan. So my taste buds just weren't prepared for the tarty explosion of blackberry/beer that happened in my mouth and thus I had quite a memorable reaction.

When all is said and done I'm very glad I tried it... I did notice another pretty bottle next to Juliet called Sofie... but maybe I'll read about this one before I go and buy it.

To read my complete Day Zero list click here.

PS. Day 29 without cabs - just one more day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment